You may have noticed my infatuation with creating Clean and Simple cards. I have always been attracted to the style but it can be harder than it looks! Especially learning when to STOP! 🙂
One of my favourite things about experimenting with CAS cards is trying to incorporate a character onto the card without overdoing the design and I have seen many amazing crafters achieve this with what looks like ease. 🙂
So with this growing fascination of mine, I’ve decided I would like to build a new team that focuses on Clean and Simple cards and not the colouring. Of course my amazing colouring team will be running along side the new team! They aren’t going anywhere. 😉
I am looking for the following qualities in my new team
1. Friendly and a willingness to be part of the team.
2. Clean style and feel comfortable experimenting with different mediums – watercolor backgrounds for example.
3. The ability to take great photos in good lighting. I believe this is really important when displaying CAS cards.
4. The ability to create tutorials either using pictures or video
I will require the following from the team
1. Two cards per month with the possibility of a third for special events.
2. One tutorial – video or photos – making a card or a technique (monthly or bi-monthly depending on your schedule)
3. All projects should be uploaded to the MiC Photo gallery, MiC store blog, Your personal blog, MiC Facebook group and other crafting groups you are members of.
4. Interaction with MiC fans on Facebook
In return I will supply you with the following
1. All digital products will be FREE for the term of your DT position
2. You will receive a package in the mail every two months with a choice of rubber stamps & chipboard
3. You will receive a discount on all other products in the store.
Clean & Simple Examples
I was asked to help clarify the style I imagine for the new team so I have gone through some old posts and selected a few photos to help inspire you.
How to apply
1. If you would like to be considered for this new team, please create a new card showcasing Make it Crafty (Stamps or Chipboard) on a Clean and Simple designed card.
**Please note that your colouring skills do not have to be amazing to be part of this new team. I know this has scared people away in the past. I am looking for attention to detail, clean lines, sharpness and simplicity. 🙂
IMPORTANT: I have received a number of applications not at all including Make it Crafty stamps or products which is a little disheartening. I will now be deleting any projects that do not include MiC products without warning.
2. Write a blog post as if you were on the Make it Crafty design team showcasing your card and linking to the products you have used.
3. Add this banner to your post or side bar and link back to this blog post.
4. Upload your project to the Make it Crafty Photo Gallery
5. Link your project in the inLinkz tool before April 12th.
The new team will be decided upon by April 19th and each person will be contacted during this time.
The team will commence in May when the new team will be announced publicly.
I highly value all the Make it Crafty gals and have been very fortunate to have some of the most talented ladies on my team in the past and currently.
I will be honoured if you would like become a Make it Crafty Gal too.
I really look forward to seeing your beautiful cards. xoxox